We all want glowing skin and beautiful look. We try all possible ways to get it. First, we need to understand – what does ‘glowing skin’ mean? Glowing skin means to have soft, moist, radiant and clear skin and absence of dryness, flakiness, dullness and blemishes on the skin. In this article, we are discussing the most effective natural ways and home remedies for glowing skin. So, if you want to have gorgeous complexion and glowing and beautiful face, this article is for you.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
We have included the most effective home remedies based on ancient wisdom and scientific information. The glowing skin remedies given in this article are time-tested and provide good results within a short period.
Almond oil is one of the most effective natural remedies that reduces blemishes and improves skin texture and complexion. It makes skin gorgeous and luminous and provides a youthful look to the face. It also reduces black spots, dark circles and signs of aging.
How to Use
There are several ways to use almond oil for glowing skin.
- You can apply sweet almond oil on the face at night before sleep. Leave it for overnight. Wash the face in the morning. It is helpful for people having the driest or dull skin. You can repeat it on daily basis. After a few days, your skin will always look fresh and gorgeous.
- If you have an oily face, then you can also use it. But don’t apply it at night. In this case, take 1 teaspoon of almond oil and 2 teaspoons of honey. Mix them in a bowl. Apply this mixture on the face for 15 to 30 minutes. Use rose water for washing the face. Repeat it 3 to 4 times a week.
- If you have dark circles under the eyes, dark spots on face or blemishes, then you can use it mixing with turmeric and gram flour. Take 2 teaspoons of almond oil, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and 3 teaspoons of gram flour. Add sufficient rose water to make its paste. Mix them and apply on the face for 60 minutes. It will provide you instant young look and fair complexion. To get rid of dark spots and blemishes, use it thrice a week for at least 6 months regularly.
Fuller’s earth is a clay obtained from Multan city. It is famous for its cleansing and detoxifying properties. With fuller’s earth, you can improve glow and complexion within a week. It is the best for acne prone skin and people with oily skin. It removes dirt and excess oil from the skin and makes it soft, smooth and radiant. It also reduces inflammation and exerts a cooling effect. In addition, it also helps to get rid of loose skin, reduces fine lines and prevents wrinkles.
How to Use
- Take 5 teaspoons of fuller’s earth, 3 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix them well to make a paste. Add lukewarm water if required or altering the consistency of paste. Apply this paste on the face for 15 minutes. Repeat it twice a week for 2 to 3 months. It will help to reduce the effects of sunlight on the face, provide a radiant look to the face and remove excess oil from the face, which can also help to prevent acne and make skin clear and beautiful.
- Alternatively, it can also be used with rose water to improve glow and remove excess oil from the face. Mix fuller’s earth in rose water and make a paste. Apply this paste on the face for 30 minutes. Then wash with warm water. Repeat this process 2 times a week.
Papaya pulp is good for both types of skin – oily as well as dry. It has both effects – reduces dryness and removes excess oil. It hydrates the skin and reduces excessive dryness. It clears the skin by removing dirt and dead skin cells, unclogs skin pores and helps in removing excess oil from the skin. So, it lowers the risk of acne and breakouts. Moreover, ripe papaya contains ‘Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA)’. BHA acts as an exfoliator and provides young and radiant look.
How to Use
- Take ripe papaya and peel it off. Mash it to get papaya pulp. In a cup of papaya pulp, add 4 teaspoons of honey and 4 teaspoons of milk. Mix all these things well. Apply this paste on the face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse with water. This application can be repeated once or twice a week. It helps to provide soft, supple and smooth skin. It can be used by everyone without consideration of dry or oily skin. However, if you have very irritating oily skin along with acne, then you can add lemon juice instead of milk in this remedy.
- For having a soothing effect and more hydrating effect on the skin, papaya pulp can be mixed with banana pulp and crushed cucumber. Mix these ingredients in equal proportion. Apply this paste on the face for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water first and then with cold water. This remedy also has anti-aging effects. It also smoothens the skin and prevents loosening of the skin.
Coconut oil also has awesome benefits for the skin. It reduces dryness, dullness and flakiness of the skin. It provides smooth, moist and clear skin. It contains lauric acid that prevents acne, skin infections and inflammation.
How to Use
- You can use it as a normal moisturizer and apply on face and skin after taking a bath or washing your face.
- For improving skin glow, take 4 teaspoons of coconut oil, 2 teaspoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of oat’s flour and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix all ingredients and make a paste. Apply it on face and neck for 30 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Red lentils are the best remedy for exfoliating and brightening the skin. It cleanses the skin. It makes the skin softer and smoother. It prevents tanning of the skin. It removes the excess oil from the face and lowers the risk of acne.
How to Use
- Take 50 grams red lentils in a bowl. Soak it in warm water overnight. Make its fine paste by grinding it in the morning. Add 1 teaspoons of almond oil, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of milk. Apply this paste on the face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with lukewarm water. This remedy is best for people with dry and dull skin. It improves the complexion and skin glow.
- Take 50 grams led lentils in a bowl and soak it in water overnight. In the morning, grind it to make a paste. Now, add 25 grams of dried orange peel powder in it. Make a paste using rose water. Apply this paste on the face and neck for 15 minutes. Then wash your face with cold water and pat dry. It is best for people having excess oil on the face. It helps to improve skin glow as well as prevents acne and blemishes.
Saffron is well-known herb in the skin care industry. It is known for its complexion promoter characteristics. It also has radioprotective, antipruritic and antioxidant activities. It is the most effective herb that provides clear and glowing skin. It also reduces the effects of sunlight on the skin.
How to Use
- Saffron can be added in any remedy mentioned above for getting more beneficial effects.
- Add saffron strands (2 grams) in rose water (25 ml). Apply this rose water on the face twice a day on regular basis.
- Add 5 grams saffron in 50 grams of honey and mix it well. Stir honey daily for 7 days. Apply this honey on the face twice a week. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- In ayurveda, there is a formulation in which saffron is the main It is named as Kumkumadi Oil. It can also be used on regular basis for improving complexion and getting a glowing face.
- Ahmad Z. The uses and properties of the almond Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2010 Feb;16(1):10-2. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2009.06.015. Epub 2009 Jul 15. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20129403)
- Lin, Tzu-Kai, Lily Zhong, and Juan Luis Santiago. “Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils.” International Journal of Molecular Sciences 19.1 (2018). (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/)
- Roul A, Le CA, Gustin MP, Clavaud E, Verrier B, Pirot F, Falson F. Comparison of four different fuller’s earth formulations in skin decontamination. J Appl Toxicol. 2017 Dec. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28745436)
- Burlando B, Cornara L. Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2013 Dec. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24305429)
- Nevin KG, Rajamohan T. Effect of topical application of virgin coconut oil on skin components and antioxidant status during dermal wound healing in young rats. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2010. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20523108)
- Nakatsuji T, Kao MC, Fang JY, Zouboulis CC, Zhang L, Gallo RL, Huang CM. Antimicrobial property of lauric acid against Propionibacterium acnes: its therapeutic potential for inflammatory acne vulgaris. J Invest Dermatol. 2009. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19387482)
- Gohari, Ahmad Reza, Soodabeh Saeidnia, and Mahdie Kourepaz Mahmoodabadi. “An Overview on Saffron, Phytochemicals, and Medicinal Properties.” Pharmacognosy Reviews 7.13 (2013). (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731881/)
- Moshiri M, Vahabzadeh M, Hosseinzadeh H. Clinical Applications of Saffron (Crocus sativus) and its Constituents: A Review. Drug Res (Stuttg). 2015 Jun. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24848002)