Loose vagina is a common disorder of the female reproductive system. Tight vagina is important for a woman in having intimate sex with her partner. Every woman desires to have a tight vagina. Pregnancy and giving birth to multiple children stretches the vaginal muscles and loosen them. Loosening of the vagina is permanent and is not regained normally. Aging also affects vaginal muscles. With age, the vaginal muscles start losing their elasticity and the vagina becomes loose. The conventional medical method to tighten the vagina is vaginoplasty. It is a surgical method to tighten the vagina. Herbal treatment is also possible. Let’s discuss the best herbs used for tightening vagina.
Herbal Treatment for Tightening Vagina
Tightening of the vagina takes a long time but it can be achieved using natural herbal remedies. If you do not want to go for vaginoplasty, herbs are the best alternatives for you because these are safe and pose no side effects.
Oak Gall (Quercus Pyrenaica)
Oak gall or oak apple or Pyrenean oak is also known as Manjakani in Hindi. It is nothing, but galls formed on oak trees. It has many therapeutic applications due to its antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antidiabetic properties. Oak galls are loaded with tannins, isoflavones, gallic acid, antioxidants and other vital nutrients. Oak gall restores the health of mucosal tissue and heals the problem caused by thinning of vaginal walls.
Oak gall is considered the most powerful herb for vaginal rejuvenation. It is a Thai herb that works faster on vaginal muscles. The phytochemicals found in Manjakani soothe and tighten the vaginal walls.
Oak gall herbal extraction in the form of cream and lotion can be applied around vulva opening to tighten the tissues. It helps in restoring the natural elasticity of the vagina.
Studies have shown that using topical jell of Oak Gall not only is associated with contracting effects but also improves vaginal lubrication and reduces its dryness.
Oak gall has an astringent effect and helps to constrict vagina and anus, relieves from heavy vaginal discharge, etc. The tannins present in oak galls are responsible for tightening of the vagina.
Pills and lotions of Oak Gall are available in the market. You can also make your own home remedy.
- Take oak galls, crush them and them boil in water. When the color of water changes, stop boiling. Let it to Strain the liquid and store in an airtight bottle. Use this liquid to wash the genitalia daily before bathing. You will soon see the difference.
- Oak galls can be used with other herbs. Take 1 gm of Catechu (Katha in Hindi) and 2 gms of Oak gall powder. Make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the vaginal walls and leave it for an hour. Wash with water.
Curcuma comosa belongs to the turmeric family, well known for its medicinal values. It has been used in Thai traditional herbal medicine for centuries and has amazing effects on female genitalia. It is an effective herb for vaginal rejuvenation.
It is recommended for vaginal tightening and strengthening the vaginal walls, pelvic tissues and even uterus. This herb is like estradiol hormone thus promoting tightening of female genitalia. Studies have shown positive results with Curcuma for vaginal tightening. It prevents the vaginal wall from prolapsing.
Crush the rhizomes of this plant and extract the juice. Store the juice in a tight bottle. Apply one tablespoon of this juice inside and outside the female genitalia. Leave the juice for 15 minutes and then wash with water. Repeat this process every day for one month.
This herb is not recommended during pregnancy and always consult a physician before use.
Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga Racemosa)
Black Cohosh is a female-friendly plant that deals with all female-related health problems. Isoflavones present in this plant have the phyto-estrogenic properties and responsible for the rejuvenation of female genitalia. The phytoestrogen activity of Black Cohosh has been supported scientifically.
Black Cohosh is by far one of the best home remedies to tighten the vagina. It can even be used to tighten female genitalia for women above 50 years of age.
Make Black Cohosh extract at home and apply it on the vaginal muscles inside and outside daily. This will tighten the muscles and make them firmer. It is not recommended for pregnant women and breastfeeding women.
Aloe vera is a wonder herb known for its therapeutic applications for centuries. It helps in relieving from any vaginal discomfort, lubrication problems, vaginal dryness and loosening of the vagina. It has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties. It heals the skin and tissues and smoothens the walls due to its moisturizing abilities. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, anthraquinones and fatty acids that help in healing vaginal muscles and smoothen the tissues.
It is one of the best, easiest and quick way to tighten up vagina. It strengthens the vaginal muscles and prevents prolapse.
It also acts as astringent that cause contraction of skin thus can help in vaginal tightening as well. It can enhance the elasticity by repairing elastin and collagen. Vaginal wash works wonders and maintains the optimum vaginal pH.
Aloe vera gel is very easy to apply and does not need any preparations. Just cut the leaf and scrape the gel out. Apply the gel on the vagina lips with finger 5 to 6 times a day. Take two teaspoons of aloe vera juice daily for 20 days. It repairs the vaginal muscles.
Aloe vera juice, gels, lotions and creams are also available in the market.
Asparagus (Asparagus Racemosus)
Asparagus is also known as Shatavari in Hindi that means “having 100 spouses”. It is a Queen of herbs and supports proper functioning of female genitalia. It is an Ayurvedic herb that regulates hormonal secretions and works as a tonic for the female reproductive system. It has been known for its abilities since ages and used to tighten the vagina and preventing wall prolapse.
Asparagus has anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antifertility, anti-obesity, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-amnesic activities. It is loaded with phytochemicals such as saponins, alkaloids, proteins, vitamins and tannins.
Asparagus pills, dried herb powder and tonics are available in the market. Take 3 grams of Asparagus powder daily 2-3 times a day. For Shatavari tincture, take 2 ml of tincture 3 times daily.
Gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis)
Gooseberries are miracle fruits rich in flavones, anthocyanins, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins, proteins and minerals. Gooseberries are used against inflammation, cancer, neurological diseases, etc. India gooseberries (Amla) is also known for tightening of female genitalia.
Gooseberries are one of the best and easy home treatments for getting a firmer and tight vagina.
- Eat gooseberries as fruit or add in your desserts and pies daily for a few weeks to regain vaginal elasticity. You can also consume cut gooseberries with sugar cubes every day for 15 days.
- Take the fruits, boil and crush to make juice. Apply this juice inside and outside vagina 2 to 3 times a day for rapid tightening of the vagina.
- Take some guava leaves and gooseberries and boil in water. Strain the liquid once cooled and store. Use this water to wash genitalia every day for 15 to 20 days. This herbal remedy helps to restore the normal health of the vagina.
Garlic (Allium Sativum)
Garlic is by far the most used spices in the Indian kitchen. It is known for its therapeutic values for ages. It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also works wonder with the female reproductive system. It eliminates any kind of bad odor from the vagina.
Garlic is also used against yeast infection in the vagina. It works as antibiotics and helps to treat internal infections.
Add more and more garlic in your food for healthier and strengthened vagina. Garlic capsules are also available.
These herbal remedies are better than the conventional treatments as these are cost effective and safe. Natural herbal remedies are proven solutions for rejuvenating vaginal shape and function. It is advisable to consult an herbalist or physician before using any of these herbs.
- Lorzadeh N, Sepavand F, Soleimaninezhad, Kazemirad N. The effect of an extract of oak gall for vaginal tightening and rejuvenation in women with vaginal relaxation. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 6(13):9, 10.4236/ojog.2016.613106. (http://file.scirp.org/Html/11-1431180_73010.htm)
- Duker EM, Kopanski L, Jarry H, Wuttke W. Effects of extracts from Cimicifuga racemosa on gonadotropin release in menopausal women and ovariectomized rats. Planta Med. 1991;57:420–424. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1798794)
- Jarry H, Metten M, Spengler B, Christoffel V, Wuttke W. In vitro effects of the Cimicifuga racemosa extract BNO 1055. Maturitas. 2003;44(Suppl 1): S31–38. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12609557)
- Bekut M, Brkić S, Kladar N, Gavarić N, Božin B. Garlic clove applied as vaginal suppository – A case report. Complement Ther Med. 2018 Aug;39:97-100. doi: 10.1016/j.ctim.2018.05.017. Epub 2018 Jun 11. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30012400
- Crann, S. E., Cunningham, S., Albert, A., Money, D. M., & O’Doherty, K. C. (2018). Vaginal health and hygiene practices and product use in Canada: a national cross-sectional survey. BMC women’s health, 18(1), 52. doi:10.1186/s12905-018-0543-y.